Updated: Feb 27
That early #postpartum stage is no joke! The first month after welcoming your little one(s) is incredibly beautiful and challenging, all at the same time. Here are a few of my go-to #quicktips to help parents grow their confidence while making sure Mom & baby are healthy. 🧸
- #Breastfeed on demand. No schedules yet! 🕰
- Frequent cat naps. They make a difference! 🛌
- Every visitor should have a job. Bring food, do dishes or laundry, watch baby while Mom showers or naps.
IT IS NOT THE NEW PARENTS’ JOB TO “ENTERTAIN” VISITORS OR MAKE THE HOUSE PRESENTABLE FOR THEM!
- Track all feeds, pees, and poops. Alert #pediatrician of any abnormalities, no matter how small. There are 1001 different apps for this - use one! You will be too exhausted to keep it all in your head. 📱
- Last but certainly not least… Work with an #IBCLC for personalized breastfeeding support! An #InternationalBoardCertifiedLactationConsultant is the only professional expert in #lactation.
While you may get some valuable info from those places, they are not experts trained in human lactation to assess mom and baby together as one unit.